Life

Life

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Parking Lot Surprise!

ok, so I had to share this story. A few days ago, Bonnie, Lydia and I went on our nightly walk across the street to our local Ghetto-Wal-Mart to look for potting soil. So, we got our potting soil and headed across the other street to the Posh-Target to look for something else, I forgot what it was. As we were walking, looking for lost treasure in the parking lot we noticed something white, glistening on the ground. Wal-Mart parking lots are notorious for goodies, coins, spare tires, broken sunglasses and an occasional tube sock. But, that day we were in for a surprise. Bonnie spotted the gem first and as we came upon it we noticed that we had seen one before. When we were standing over top of it looking down on it we asked “could this be what we think it is?”. Sure enough we had stumbled upon a pregnancy test. Yep, a USED pregnancy test right there in the Wal-Mart parking lot. So, as we stared at it, face down, we did what anyone would do and I dared Bonnie to flip it over to see what the result was. (I just didn’t want to touch it and I knew Bonnie would not turn down a dare.) So naturally she used the very end of her flip-flop and flipped the object over. As it landed face up we both bent down at the same time to see what the result was. Could it really be? Is it possible? Positive! Someone was pregnant and we got to share in their results right there in the Wal-Mart parking lot. We were amazed we looked around to see if there was anyone to congratulate but nobody suspicious was around so we continued on our journey to the posh-Target, which by the way has a large drink and popcorn combo for $1.50. We get that combo on special occasions and make several laps around the store just so we can eat our popcorn and fill up as many times as possible with our Diet Dr. Pepper/Cherry Coke combo.


A few days after we found the positive pregnancy test in the parking lot I began to wonder, “how did that test find its way onto the dirty, hot pavement in a Wal-Mart parking lot?” I mean, I think we have our first test saved somewhere special in a ziplock bag to keep forever, maybe even get it bronzed one day. I can just imagine the frantic girl buying a pregnancy test at the pharmacy (hopefully she bought it, but I have my doubts) and then rushing to the Wal-Mart bathroom to administer the test. But, my stomach began to turn. What if she didn’t wait long enough? What if she immediately left the bathroom, test in hand, and walked out to the parking lot and looked down and saw that it was negative and threw it on the ground and walked off? Those things can take several minutes to saturate the testing area (I have read the directions thoroughly, that is how I know). She might get a big surprise in a couple months. Somebody is pregnant and I know it. Let’s hope she does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment